This is my wife's design, just need white paint on the plywood above the mantle, then its complete. I checked out of the project on Mother's day when I fell about five feet off a ladder preparing to set the last three flue sections with my son. Fractured heel. I'm on my back for a while.
Very happy with the finished product, both in form and function.
I thought that this picture of my progress might be worth a few words. I am interested in what to be careful of when placing the throat tiles. I look forward to hearing from you.
Today's progress so far. My son is coming to help assemble the throat sections at 1.
Here is a view of Mt. Hood from the deck overlooking the farm. Thanks for all the conversation.
Progress stopped a couple of weeks ago. I got a little done today. Yes we have burned a couple of experimental fires. I intend to add one or two more flue sections.
Buckley Rumford Fireplaces
Copyright 1995 - 2015 Jim Buckley
All rights reserved.