Safety Shut-off Valves
In that picture of the burner with all the stuff attached on the right side:
1. The burner height on all burners used is 6". An additional bar is added underneath the main burner bar you see going across the burner 1/3 of the way up to add flame to the taller Rumford tipi style of log sets.
2. The two small metal connections on the right side are:
Steel gas feed to the burner's pilot flame.
3. Normal placement of the Safety Valve would actually be lower than is shown in this picture - down on the floor of the box. After it is covered with the volcanic ash that comes with the kit, it won't be so visible and obnoxious.
4. The knob is the ON/OFF function for the gas to the logs.
5. The whole assembly on the right will fit in your hand - figure the black box is only 6" high - this can't be more than about 3" x 5".
Back to Propane Gas Logs
Buckley Rumford Fireplaces
Copyright 1996 - 2005 Jim Buckley
All rights reserved.